If you are familiar with chainsaw, you know that nothing can beat it when comes the issue of cutting wood. It is a perfect property management tool for felling trees and timber. But what to do when you need to trim branches and other unwanted elements from your property greenery!! Will you climb up the ladder with the chainsaw to do the job? If you are not an arborist, the job would be challenging to take care of!!
That is where pole saws enter into the scene!! As the name suggests, a saw is attached to the top end of pole. Explicit purpose of a pole saw is to cut and trim branches and other items beyond your reach. Business or homeowners who need to manage the indiscriminate growth of tree branches, best pole saw as a lightweight, balanced, and important device with built-in safety features would serve the goal.
Table of Contents
- 1 18 Best Pole Saw based on Power:
- 2 5 Best Cordless Pole Saw
- 3 Three Best Gas Pole Saw
- 4 5 Best Manual Pole Saw
- 4.1 14. Fiskars 393951-1001
- 4.2 15. Docapole extension pole pruning saw
- 4.3 16. Hooyman Extendable Tree Saw
- 4.4 17. HAYAUCHI Polesaw
- 4.5 18. Jameson LS-6PKG-6
- 4.6 Some important pole saw replacement parts you all should know
- 4.7 Some Well-known Pole saw brands
- 4.8 Buyer’s Guide: Pole Saws
- 4.9 How to use a pole saw?
- 4.10 How to sharpen a pole saw blade?
- 4.11 How to cut tree limbs that are too high to reach?
- 4.12 What safety gear should you wear when using a pole saw?
- 4.13 Can you use a pole saw on a ladder?
18 Best Pole Saw based on Power:
[amazon bestseller="Pole Saw" ="10"]
1. Sun Joe SWJ800E:
Do you need to tackle the hard-to-reach untidy branches of overgrown trees at your property? For taking the danger and difficulty of the trimming job, you have Sun Joe SWJ800E pole saw as a companion!!
Using this telescoping pole saw is very simple and easy. Just stand firmly on the ground by holding and adjusting the saw. The rest part would boldly be taken care of by this sturdy machine. It can reach up to 15 feet of height.
According to Sun Joe pole saw reviews, it has a powerful motor with capacity of 6.5 amp that is strong enough to cut the stubborn tree limbs having 7.5 inches thickness. An auto-oiler attached to the Oregon bar & chain ensures continuous lubrication at the time of operation. It is an electrically powered pole saw.
Unlike a gas-powered saw, you don’t need to bother about the fumes, smoke, costly tune-ups, and unpredictable starters if need powering up the saw. It has a built-in safety switch that will protect you from the casualties while starting the saw. This CSA approved pole saw gives you a 2-year warranty.
- It is an unparalleled tool for cutting and handling the overhanging thin logs, branches, and limbs.
- Telescoping pole is extendable by 8.7 feet giving it the overhead reach at up to 15 feet.
- It runs at 6,000 rpm creating 108 dB sound.
- Its powerful motor can tackle the thick branches with ease.
- Auto-lubrication smoothens the 8-inch cutting bar and chain for an incessant trimming performance.
- Big oil tank reservoir supports the cutting job for long time.
- It is backed by Snow Joe+Sun Joe warranty for two years.
- Instant start.
- Extension cord hook.
- Ergonomic handle.
- Safety switch.
- Comfortable foam grip.
- Plastic blade cover.
- Saw may tilt and fall off after a continuous use.
- Quite heavier.
2. Sun Joe SWJ802E:
With the slogan of “let gravity do the work”, Sun Joe SWJ802E pole chain saw takes the charge of challenge to trim and cut the overgrown trees. 7.9 pounds of weight has made the pole saw lightweight and convenient to handle. The telescopic pole can reach up to 15 feet.
What you need only is just to hold the pole firmly and stand safely on the ground and rest assured. The next episode of the job will be well demonstrated and performed by the saw.
The powerful motor allows the saw to infiltrate the 7.5-inches of thickness for trimming overgrown logs, limbs, and branches. Large auto-oil filler lubricates the chain and bar for long time. You can perform your cutting job from 0-30 degree angles for the multi-position adjustable head of the saw.
You don’t need to deal with fumes and smoke while operating this electrically powered tool. Like its predecessor SWJ800E model, this pole saw is CSA approved; has built-in safety switch; and is covered by 2-year warranty.
- The pole is extendable by 9.4 feet making it able to reach 15 feet overhead height.
- Powerful motor has the required stamina to handle the stubborn overhang tree branches.
- Multi-position adjustable head allows to trim from different angles.
- Electrically powered motor enables you to push up the speed of operation reliably.
- 20.3 cm Oregon bar and chain stay hydrated and lubricated for the auto-oiler.
- Plastic blade cover ensures safe storage.
- Running requirement of power is 780 watts while starting requirement is 936 watts.
- Multi-angle head.
- Pole extendable from 5.9 feet to 9.4 feet.
- Super lightweight.
- Easy to handle.
- Automatic chain lubrication.
Less efficient for smaller and weaker branches.
3. Remington RM1025SPS
If you need a little more reach to trim the untidy overgrown stubborn tree branches and limbs, Remington RM1025SPS will cover you. It is a 2-in-1 convertible pole saw having two adjustable aluminum made poles get extended by 10 feet. The pole provides stability and improved reach for the trimming job.
The 8-amp powerful motor cuts through the limbs quickly after an instant start. The tool ensures stable chopping & pruning for the 10-inch low-kickback chain & bar. After you finish the overhead trimming works to remove branches, you can convert your pole saw into a chainsaw very quickly with the help of flip & lock clamps and start cutting the downed limbs & logs immediately.
The anti-rotation pole design affirms the stability. You get added comfort for the non-slip grip while cutting. Operator’s manual will clearly guide on use, troubleshooting, safety, and maintenance of the tool.
The bar and chain can seep oil when the tool is not in use. So special consideration should be employed when you store it. It is backed by 2-year limited warranty.
- Hassle-free convertibility of pole saw to a chainsaw is a great value addition.
- It helps trimming both above and on ground.
- The pole can perform the cutting job 10-15 feet overhead.
- 10-amp powerful motor starts trimming instantly with a low kickback chain and 10-inch bar.
- Flip and lock clamps ensure quick adjustment of the pole length.
- Non-slip grip and anti-rotation telescoping shaft features confirm a stable and comfortable pruning.
- It’s an electric chainsaw and pole saw combo.
- Depending on the user height, the 2-in-1 pole is adjustable up to 15 feet of reach.
Prune in comfort.
Bar and chain may leak oil when the unit not in use.
4. WORX WG309:
WORX WG309 is a unique and multi-functional pole saw and chainsaw combo. This 2-in-1 tool has an extendable pole of 8 feet that helps you trimming and chopping overhead without the use of ladder. By detaching the pole without the help of any other tool and converting it to chainsaw instantly, you can cut the fallen branches easily.
Auto-tensioning chain system ensures longer life of the chain and bar. So you would require lower maintenance of this highly efficient tool. Furthermore, operation and maintenance of this pole saw get easier for the level indicating automatic oil pump and automatic chain tensioning system.
WORX pole saw is a compact powerhouse. Its rotatable handle makes sure the pruning efficiently. Versatile design and 8 amp powerful motor have made it a perfect yard tool. If you have light to medium type of pruning, trimming, lambing, and cleaning requirement around the yard, WORX WG309 will you the perfect solution.
- Its automatic chain tensioning system is patented.
- 120 millimeter of oil tank ensures a consistent performance.
- Rotatable handle assures easy and faster pruning.
- Chain of this compact tool with lightweight design runs at the speed of 8.5 meter per second.
- Its rated voltage is 120v to 60Hz.
- Auto lubrication and auto tension will keep you moving.
- Its ergonomic grip increases comfort by reducing fatigue.
- Ten feet extendable pole makes the hardest cut within reach.
Lightweight and compact design.
Plenty of power and torque.
Works more and smarter.
Oil leakage may be dissatisfying.
5. Ryobi pole saw:
If it is struggling for you to prune the hard-to-reach tree limbs and branches, Ryobi 18V One+ pole saw will be a good choice. This best battery-powered pole saw is portable and has enough strength to perform the cutting job very efficiently. Reaching the tallest trimming areas is easy and safe now for the 9.5 feet extendable pole of the saw. Whereas, most of the pole saws have 7-8 feet extendable poles.
This pole saw is offered in a package with an 18V handle pole, a cutting head pole, a blade cover, an intermediate pole, and a user manual. It is a highly power-efficient tool and can cut 400-500 branches at a time if the battery is fully charged.
The fabulous design and sturdy construction of the tool have given some structural advantages. Seven pounds of weight is very light for this strong and powerful tool.
- Automatic oiler ensures smooth operation.
- It allows to trim and prune in a small and tight space for the in-line motor housing.
- ONE lithium-ion battery powers the tool.
- Bar and chain has the length of 9.5 inches.
- It can cut up to 4 inches of diameter.
- Extendable pole helps to trim branches that 15 to 18 feet high.
- 18V DC battery.
- Long extendable pole.
- Safety cover for the blade.
- Secure handle.
- Super lightweight.
Battery unit to buy separately.
5 Best Cordless Pole Saw
[amazon bestseller="Cordless Pole Saw" ="5"]
6. greenworks 8.5' 40v cordless pole saw
If you have garden on your property, you know the significance of regular trimming and pruning of the overgrown limbs and branches of trees. Pole saw particularly the greenworks 8.5' 40v cordless one would of great help at the time of your trimming requirement of branches up to 6 inches in diameter.
It is such an ideal tool for pruning and cutting that you will love and recommend to use. Powerful 40V battery gives it the necessary strength to run for long hours. Aluminum shaft allows to extend the pole by 8 feet for which you can easily cut the hard-to-reach branches of the trees.
Although this 20672 model of the pole saw has battery included version, its earlier model i.e. 20302 offers only the tool itself which is suitable for use if you already have a Greenworks 40v battery.
- For an instant electric start system, squeezing the trigger by pressing the switch lock will fire the pole saw into life.
- The pole saw is 30% lighter than its gas-powered counterparts.
- It produces 70% less noise than the gas-based models.
- It can cut softwood up to 6 inches in diameter and hardwood up to 4 inches.
- The Oregon made chain has 0.5-inch thickness and 0.38-inch pitch.
- Easy-adjust knob accompanied by automatic chain tensioning ensures quick tightening for smooth and fast cutting.
- Pruning is little easier for the angled positioning of the cutting blade.
- Although not telescoping, the middle pole can be removed to convert the pole saw into a chainsaw when necessary.
- Easy assembly and disassembly.
- Well balanced.
- Powerful battery supports for long-running.
- Excellent reach.
- Cutting bar angle.
- Slightly heavier in cordless category.
- No telescopic pole.
7. Black and Decker lpp120
BLACK+DECKER is a famous brand and popular name around the world as a manufacturing company of lawn & garden tools. 20V MAX Lithium-Ion battery-backed Pole is an excellent pruning saw.
It is specially designed for trimming and cutting overhead limbs and branches of scattered overgrown trees. It can help you reaching the height up to 14 feet.
Battery is very strong to support the pole for long-running and it takes five times longer charge than the NiCd counterparts. 8-inch wide cutting bar and chain ensure the optimum cutting up to 6 inches in diameter. The center extension gives 6.5 to 10 feet of usable length for reaching the overhead branches.
Inline powerhead makes the saw visible in between the limbs while cutting them. Lightweight design and easy disassembly make the tool highly portable and allows you to transport it to your worksite.
This tool is offered in a package that includes one pole saw with extension, one 20V Max Lithium-Ion Battery, smart battery charger, wrench, and guard blade oil bottle.
- With a single charge of the battery the pole saw provides 100 cut of one 0.5-inch pine branch.
- Highest cutting diameter is 6 inches.
- Chain runs at a maximum speed of 375 rpm.
- This battery-powered pole saw has an 8-inch bar and chain.
- It has a 20V Lithium-Ion power connect battery system allows fast and long-lasting charge.
- It can tackle wide range of cuts.
- Pole is lightweight because of its making with fiberglass.
- Interchangeable cordless battery works with power tools, lawn & garden tools, and home cleaning tools.
- Easy Maneuverability.
- Standard Warranty Coverage.
- It has no cords, no gas, no problem.
- Good budget option.
The chain may keep coming off is used for long time.
8. WORX WG323
If you want to make a fast, safe, and clean trimming job in hard-to-reach branches and limbs, the innovative 20V WORX WG323 pole saw would be a perfect choice!!
The pole is extendable by extra 10 feet and removing the pole creates the path to use it as a chainsaw. Auto-lubrication in combination with the auto-tensioning system make the saw smooth while working.
For the 20V power share platform, you can use the battery of the saw with 20V WORX tools. It will save your time and money. Lightweight design makes the tool portable and easy to handle during trimming.
Battery life indicator signals you when to recharge the tool and it gives indication how long you can do your cutting job continuously. It is the best pole saw for the money.
- No tools required for attaching and detaching the pole.
- This fast and powerful pole saw ensures clean cuts.
- This cordless and gasless tool is great for less muss and fuss.
- Tool-free, automatic chain tension system ensures right tension for doing the job.
- The automatic chain lubrication system backs smooth & efficient cut and longer life.
- Oil level indicator helps you deciding when to add or change oil.
- For the 6.2 pounds of weight of the tool, you will feel less strain on hands, arms, legs, and back even if you work for longer time.
- Power Share Platform ensures “do it all with one battery”.
- 12 inches extra reach.
- Fast and clean cuts.
- Auto chain tension.
- Auto chain lubrication.
- Compact and lightweight.
Chain falling off may disgruntle you.
9. LiTHELi 40V Cordless Pole Saw
If you are looking for a quiet yet a high powered tool for managing your indiscipline untidy overgrown overhead tree branches, LiTHELi 40V Cordless Pole Saw is something that will meet your purpose entirely.
The most obvious reason why people love this tool and rely on it for trimming and pruning jobs is its robust battery back up!! Yes, the Lithium-Ion battery-powered tool has a stunning 40V capacity!! Cordless operation along with no requirement of fuel and no dirty fumes have made it very popular.
It is carefully designed keeping in mind the user-friendliness. Safety lock and trigger are reasonably positioned. Adjustable straps ensure the easy and convenient use.
It has powerful brushless motor that ensures easy gardening by producing tremor-free torque at a mind-blowing 2,400 rpm. The chain pitch and the double protection bar make sure the easy cutting.
- Quick tension knob is tool-free.
- Oiler and chain tensioner are the pole saw’s two labor-saving automatic systems.
- Clear instruction manual helps preventing accident or injury.
- Quick adjustment of 9 feet is possible for on-the-fly height regulation mechanism.
- It can cut quickly from all angles for the four dimension button mechanism.
- It has an incredible level customer care support.
- It provides 90 days refund guarantee that too is unconditional.
- This best rated pole saw is backed by five years tool warranty and three years warranty for battery & charger.
- Powerful dynamic system.
- It has multiple choices of angle and height.
- Ergonomic design.
- 65 ml oil tank.
- 4-position head.
- Too heavy.
- Awkward balance.
10. Green works pro ps80l210
Do you want to have a fabulous landscaping experience? You have a good news then!! Greenworks PRO 80V max system is beside you for fulfilling your long desire!! In the outdoor power equipment industry, it is the most powerful because of the vigorous battery.
It is equally suitable for using in home gardens, entertainment venues, and corporate parks for ensuring breeze. It is the symbol of strength and robustness for the no gas, no emission, and no maintenance characteristics.
A single push of the button lets you go from zero to power within seconds. Still you will encounter less mess, noise, and vibration. Rapid charging, additional batteries, and multiple tool compatibility ensure powerful landscaping performance.
Efficient motor of the tool assures the less costly operation. Translucent oil tank and auto oiler will make the cutting job soothing and enjoyable!!
- It performs smoothly with less noise.
- It stands for the convenience since you don’t need to carry the cords.
- Single recharge will deliver the power worth commanding to make 80 cuts on 4x4 lumber.
- Application of oil to the chain and bar ensures durability and longer life.
- Jaw-dropping 80V Lithium-ion makes it ultra-powerful.
- Brushless motor.
- Electric start.
- Manual chain tensioning.
- Eight feet of pole length.
- Un-adjustable pole length.
- Messy chain oil.
Three Best Gas Pole Saw
[amazon bestseller="Gas Pole Saw" ="5"]
11. Remington RM25PS Maverick
Do you want to master the trimming job in the yard? If we hear yes as your reply, Remington RM25PS Maverick pole saw will give you the necessary power to live on the dream until you achieve that. Whatever is your cutting job, you can adjust the 7 feet extendable pole according to your freedom.
You can cut the tough limbs very fast for the 25 cc 2-cycle engine. The pole backed by 8 inches chain and bar helps you reaching up to 12 feet high branches to trim and pruning. An auto-oiler keeps the chain lubricated all the time for smooth performance.
Quick start technology makes the pull start cool and simple. Easy-to-use and compact design ensures that you can continue the cutting job without the help of ladder.
- Seven feet extendable pole fits to operator’s height and requirement.
- Tough and powerful gas engine helps conquering tough jobs.
- Quickstart is a trademark technology that makes the pull start convenient for the 2-cycle oil.
- Low-kickback chain and bar.
- It is suitable to various attachments and lengths.
- It provides two years limited warranty.
- Product package includes edge, hedge trimmer, clean sweep, trimmer, cultivator, and blower.
- Powerful engine.
- Compact design.
- Long reach.
- Easy up-keep.
Too heavy for new users.
12. Poulan Pro PR28PS
If you need a power tool with splendid usability and astonishing hardware, Poulan Pro PR28PS Pole Saw is something you are looking for!! As a Pro level pole saw it gives you the confidence of completing the cutting and trimming job efficiently and conveniently.
Although the power of the 28cc dual cyclen motor is of intermediate level, the saw can boldly cut both soft and hardwood. For making the cutting precision perfect, dual-lined feeding head will take the charge.
If you have any confusion and worry about the frequent feeding of gas fuel for its running, Poulan Pro allows you to get that concern down. This tool has made the process very simple. Prime, check, and pool is all you need to do.
Many gas-powered pole saws have a common problem in case of starting on or off. But spring assistant system of this tool ensures an effortless starting. Delivering fuel is absolutely easy!!
Because the tool has super high-quality construction, price follows it. But if quality is your concern, you will not regret buying the tool.
- Fuel delivery mechanism and feeding system is very plain and simple for the SureFire delivery system.
- Easy and effortless on/off mechanism for the spring starter system.
- Auto return stop switch enables the easy operation.
- Removal of trimmer spool is very simple.
- Dual-line feed makes sure the top class cutting.
- It has an air purge that removes air from the carburetor.
- Straight shaft confirms the maximum reach.
- It includes trimmer attachment and shoulder strap.
- It gives two years limited warranty.
- Spring assistant.
- Easy fuel feeding.
- Precise cutting.
- Air purge.
13. MAXTRA Gas Pole Saw
Some people say that MAXTRA Gas Pole Saw is a delicate beast. Its size and heaviness back connotation of the name. For any difficult cutting job, just deploy this tool and you will see that until the job is accomplished it will not stop working!! High price of the tool also expresses its sturdy construction and eye-dazzling performance.
You can employ the pole saw for cutting overhead tree branches beyond your reach. It will give you a push to reach at 14 feet of height for cutting the limbs and branches smoothly. It has the most powerful engine in the gas pole saw category. The powerful engine assures the trimming performance, reliability, and durability.
Easy-adjust chain tensioning system of the pole saw ensures proper and faster change of the chain when needed. An air filter protects the chain from many issues and increases the durability of the engine. 10-inch kickback bar and chain make the cutting task smooth and enjoying.
- The pole is adjustable in between 8.2 and 11.4 feet.
- Considering the height of the user, it can reach the height of 14-15 feet.
- It has an EPA certified 42.7 cc 2-stroke engine that ensures no harm to body and less pollution.
- It can cut limbs, logs, and branches with a diameter of up to 7-9 inches with astounding efficiency and quickness.
- Quick attachment helps you converting the tool into string trimmer, hedge trimmer, and brush trimmer.
- Portable bag helps carrying the tool conveniently.
- No cord, no battery ensure more freedom of life.
- It gives one year warranty.
- Robust engine.
- Carry bag.
- Spare parts availability.
- More attachments availability.
- Quick-release connector.
5 Best Manual Pole Saw
[amazon bestseller="manual pole saw" ="5"]
14. Fiskars 393951-1001
Do you want a simple yet tough cutting of the overhead tree branches? If your answer is yes, Fiskars 393951-1001 extendable pole saw & pruner would be a great selection for the job. It offers two different cutting options. A saw removes the larger branches and steel pruner cuts smaller limbs.
It is extendable up to 12 feet to give you the edge at the hard-to-reach areas. The double locking system is very unique that ensures superior control when you extend the pole. The fiberglass-made pole is lightweight yet strong. It is very easy to handle. So you can reach to the arrogant branches conveniently.
The steel pruner is very sharp and durable and cut branches having the diameter of up to 1 inch. There is a special low-friction coating on the pruner that makes the trimming job smooth. It is best pole saw pruner.
The saw and pruner have enhanced rust resistance and reduced gumming that ensure the longevity of the cutting tool. For cutting thicker branches, you can easily rely upon this manual pole saw.
- Fiberglass pole is very light, strong, comfortable, and easy to lift & control.
- Secure double locking system ensure safety and security for both you and the pole saw.
- Precision-ground pruner and double-grind saw make the tool a 2-in-1 trimming system.
- 4.3 pounds of weight of the saw is super light for carrying and controlling it with optimum handiness.
- Blade is very sharp and long-lasting.
- It provides lifetime warranty that stands for the reliability of the saw.
- It has a sturdy tree trimming system for cutting high branches easily and quickly.
- Cutting versatility.
- Superior locks.
- Lightweight reach.
- Easy handling.
- Flimsy pole.
- May produce slanted cuts.
15. Docapole extension pole pruning saw
If you need a perfect high-reach manual pole saw, DocaPole 12' GoSaw Pruning Kit would be an ideal match to your requirement. This saw has 3-sided taper-ground razor-sharp teeth that ensure a bi-directional 13-inch cut.
You can use it directly with hand or can mount it with the help of an extendable pole to reach the difficult cutting zones. Whatever way you use it, you will get your job done effectively and efficiently.
The telescopic pole is extended from 5 to 12 feet and saw itself provides another one & a half feet of height. So you while standing on the ground can reach to 15 feet of height. The pole is lightweight yet tough.
You can rely upon this manual pole saw with confidence for trimming and removing high limbs. Trimming palm trees with this tool will give an excellent result. Using the pole with 4/5 of the extendable segment will ensure the optimum use and minimum flex of the pole. When the pole is fully extended, you can minimize the flex by focusing on the up and down motion of the saw.
- It has long handles that fit to Acme-threaded extension poles.
- The 3-sided taper-ground teeth are very sharp.
- Hard chrome-plated finish and rust resistance ensure the longevity and durability.
- It can cut branches having diameter of up to 2-4 inches easily.
- It has secure-fit locking screw that confirms the safety aspect of the tool.
- Nail hook attached with the tool makes sure an easy hanging.
- Thumb lever clasps are easy to use.
- Telescoping pole is made of high-quality aluminum.
- It’s a great lightweight and dual-use trimming saw.
- Easy assembly make it usable very shortly after getting the parts out of the box.
- Absolute best lightweight manual pole saw.
- Razor-sharp teeth.
- Usable by hand or mountable by pole.
- Comfortable grip.
- Pole may bend for hard job.
16. Hooyman Extendable Tree Saw
Do you need a pole saw usable for any situation? You are perhaps looking for Hooyman Extendable Tree Saw that is equally worthy for use during hunting and camping apart from the petty branches/limbs cutting job at your garden. The ergonomic and compact design boost the performance of the saw in the real field.
The tool use MegaBite XP blades that are made of high carbon SK5. Aluminum construction is just rock solid. Hooyman offers the saw in three different extendable sizes like 5, 10, and 16 feet categories so that you can suitably chose your model.
This pole saw stands for unparalleled durability, unmatched cutting performance, and a tough design. It contains all the optimum features that a premium quality pole saw needs to have.
This approximately 2.5 feet long tool is extendable up to 10 feet. 4-edge tooth design is impulse hardened that assures a longer cutting life of the saw.
- In-line design ensures the folding and extension of the saw.
- Positive locking extension system helps collapsing the tool when needed.
- It is highly portable even by a backpack.
- Trimming and pruning is very easy for the flexible mechanism of the device.
- Top-quality construction affirms the sturdiness and lasting performance.
- Usability is all situations has made this pole saw a champion tool.
- Easy to use.
- Preparedness for every situation.
- Design may sometimes dissatisfy.
17. HAYAUCHI Polesaw
Do you need an aluminum-made telescopic professional and best-selling pole saw? Both the homeowners and the professionals love HAYAUCHI Polesaw. The oval-shaped extension pole allows an accurate control on the blade’s direction for a high cutting job.
The pole makes sure the required rigidity and toughness to the tool. You may experience very minimum level of bending during the cutting job. Holding and controlling the pole is very comfortable for the rubber grip and shock absorber.
Four rows of teeth system ensure a silky and smooth cutting. The teeth are set in a way for handling the toughest trimming works. Blade adjustment from two different angles namely higher and lower sickle confirms the higher or lower trimming. Upper sickle cut vines whereas lower sickle helps cutting bark.
For a clean cut without damaging the tree, lower sickle will help you out and upper sickle will hold the blade so that it doesn’t slip off the thicker branches.
This Japanese manufactured tool is one of the finest telescopic manual pole saws in the market. It has a blade cover made of strong plastic that ensures an enhanced safety to the users. For quick connect head system, you don’t need any extra tool to attach and remove the pole.
- The tool is 21 feet long backed by 3-extension 4 section telescoping pole.
- It is very lightweight with an operating weight of 6.9 pounds.
- No tools are required for quick removal or attachment of saw head.
- Aluminum pole stands for ultimate toughness with reduced weight.
- It gives a limited lifetime warranty against the quality and materials.
- It is applicable for pruning & trimming, lawn & garden, hunting, orchard, trail or park maintenance and arborist & forestry purposes.
- It is suitable for deciduous, palms, fruit & nut-bearing trees, and evergreens.
- It has the extension range of 8-21 feet and maximum reach is 25 feet.
- It has the blade length of 390 mm and there are 6.5 teeth at each 30 mm length.
- Long telescopic pole.
- Strong tool.
- Lower weight.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Custom Scabbard Included.
- May be hard to control.
18. Jameson LS-6PKG-6
Do you need to decorate your garden and give it a vibrant look? Jameson LS-6PKG-6 is a perfect landscaping manual pole saw that will make your dream come true!! It will help removing the unnecessary branches from your garden.
This pole saw kit includes three poles each having 6 feet of length. Tri-cut blade of the saw and overall 18 feet reach capacity have made the tool perfect for trimming high logs. Your garden may have trees taller than 15 feet and this pole saw will help you reaching the difficult pruning areas.
The poles have different features that provides different benefits to the users. The first pole carries the saw blade permanently. The second one is made of fiberglass and has a rubber base cap and female ferrule. The third and final one is an extension pole having both male and female ferrules.
The fiberglass pole, sharp finishing and the long-lasting materials have made the saw attractive and sustainable. Moreover, its green color matches with the nature.
- Leaf spring locking button along with aluminum ferrules warrant the smooth trimming.
- Six feet base pole, 6 feet extension pole, and 6 feet pole carrying the blade contribute to reach 18 feet of height.
- The 16 inches long Tri-cut saw blade made by Barracuda ensures clean and efficient cutting.
- 1.25-inch diameter with 1 inch of thickness of the fiberglass pole stands for strength due to its design with top quality materials.
- The tool is very strong and long-lasting for the aircraft-grade aluminum used at the end ferrules.
- Saw head is flexible enough to mount on a pole without the aid of any extra tool.
- Versatile pole.
- Low profile head.
- Aluminum ferrules.
- Tri-cut saw blade.
- Sturdy construction.
- Tough to detach.
- Quite heavy.
Some important pole saw replacement parts you all should know
Pole saw is a tool to perfectly trim, prune, and cut the untidy arrogant hard-to-reach branches and limbs of trees at your home garden or office landscape. A saw blade is attached to a pole making it reach the areas which are usually challenging to do the cutting job without the help of a ladder. But using ladder for the trimming and cutting job may lead to injury for sudden fall due to imbalance.
A long pole holds a saw blade at the top end and the users hold the bottom end of the pole by standing on the ground. Perfection of wood cutting job largely depends on the length and strength of the saw blade. Number of razor-sharp teeth also play as determinant for the performance of the saw blade.
Pole saw bar and chain:
A pole saw bar holds the chain. Depending on the strength of the bar, chain will be attached tightly or loosely to it. Chain attachment to the bar plays crucial role in overall performance of the pole saw in cutting job.
For automatic pole saws running on either electricity or gas, bar and chain are very important parts without which cutting job is practically impossible. Chain holds the blades that cut limbs, logs, and branches.
Pole saw bag:
Pole saw bag carries the tool wherever you go. It ensures the portability of your preferred pole saw. With the help of pole, any electric, battery-powered, gas, or manual saw is extended to reach the hard areas for completing the cutting job. The poles can be broken into parts or the telescopic pole can be shortened through the ferrules. If you have a bag for carrying the disassembled saw parts, you can carry and use it anywhere you need. Furthermore, pole saw bag is widely popular for storing the tool.
Pole saw battery:
Battery reserves the power necessary for running the pole saw. It is a very significant part of an automatic pole saw for doing the trimming job. For an electric chainsaw, battery is the device for consuming the electric charge and preserve it for powering the tool. Some pole saw manufacturers install batteries that can be used as a common platform for their other home and gardening tools.
Some Well-known Pole saw brands
Established in 1912 in Shreveport by the chainsaw veteran Claude Poulan in Louisiana, Poulan has been a renowned brand name in the outdoor power equipment category. Poulan has range of products including leaf blowers, lawnmowers, and chainsaws. Owned by Husqvarna, Poulan brand often shares technologies with its own brand. By introducing Poulan Pro, the brand has gained the upmarket position by developing and upgrading the product features. Most Poulan products have been designed keeping in mind the requirement of mid-segment craftsmanship.
The company started its journey back in 1649 as ironworks at a small Finish village Fiskars. Today, it is the global leader in supplying consumer products in the category of gardening & yard care, crafting & sewing, cooking, kids & school, and home improvement. People love and enjoy their products. That is why, their products are available in more than 60 countries today.
Fiscars products stand for the solution of day to day problems. For the dazzling design and outstanding performance, the products are enjoying to the users for deploying them to their home, outdoor, and garden activities with great convenience.
Founded in 2004, Sun Joe is a reputed company for manufacturing innovative, easy-to-use, affordable, and high-quality outdoor tools that make your home beautiful throughout the year. Their range of products include electric, cordless, and manual outdoor power equipment like tillers, trimmers, snowblowers, and lawnmowers.
In 2013, they introduced iON technology in snow blowers that the consumers accepted gladly. In cordless snow removing industry, iON is considered to be the game-changer. They are continuing their innovation through smart products for caring the day to day lawn and garden related issues.
Greenworks is a widely accepted brand and a leading company in supplying outdoor power tools from original equipment manufacturers that are loved by the homeowners and professionals. They have a wide range of Greenworks brand equipment like 24, 40, 60, 80, and 82-volt battery-powered outdoor tools. They have a full line of reel mowers and corded equipment. Greenworks offers perfect tools for all outdoor jobs. Their products are designed with best-in-class technology that show power and performance like gas-powered tools. But unlike gas-powered equipment, their tools create no mess, no fumes, no vibration, and no noise.
BLACK and DECKER:
Black and Decker is a trusted and iconic brand that is best known for its unending innovation and incredible performance. Their products range incorporates hand and power tools and equipment relating to building & repair of home. They also manufacture industrial tools for erection of infrastructure. For holding the vehicles and electronic devices together, they also make fasteners.
Black and Decker product add real value to the lives of the users regardless of homeowners, tradespeople, and professionals. They work closely with other brand partners to enhance their brand value around the world.
Ryobi is a very vibrant brand and popular in North America, New Zealand, Australia, and Europe. Hong Kong-based Techtronic Industries owns the brand. Ryobi is famous for manufacturing widely accepted home improvement, lawn and garden power tools.
Ryobi is a trademark of Ryobi Limited, a Japanese manufacturer of components of telecommunications, electronics, and automobile industries. It also sells power tools, builders’ hardware, and printing equipment.
WORX is a brand owned by Positec Tool Corporation, a Chinese power tools and garden & lawn equipment manufacturing and distributing company Positec Tool Corporation, headquartered in North Carolina, USA. It’s a popular brand for products like chainsaws, lawnmowers, and trimmers which are widely sold in North America and Europe.
Buyer’s Guide: Pole Saws
After a long discussion, you surely have some solid idea on various aspects of pole saws. You now know the significance of pole saws for handling the overgrown, arrogant, and untidy tree branches and limbs at home garden, office, and other public/private property. If may have the requirement of buying a pole saw. But you may still have confusion on what product to buy that will be a perfect match to your requirement. After careful analysis, we have figured out some crucial factors that you should consider while deciding to buy a pole saw. Let’s look into the factors!!
First, check out the extendibility of the pole and measure the working height which is a combination of the pole saw and your arm’s length. If the length of your arm is 3 feet and you need to cut the tree branches 20 feet above the ground, your pole saw must be extended by at least 17 feet to reach the required position. Therefore, it is inevitable to determine the working height you are going to get from the chosen pole saw.
Cutting Bar Length:
Always keep in mind the rule of thumb that the cutting bar length should be at least 2-inch longer than the branch diameter. Cutting bar is the determinant of how much diameter of branches a pole saw can cut. The most common length of cutting bar is 8 inches whereas the length may vary between 6 and 12 inches. So, if you need to cut a tree branch having 6-inch diameter, you need the cutting bar length of 8-inch for meeting your purpose.
The heaviest pole saw available in the market weighs 20 pounds. If you have a pole saw weighing 12 pounds, it will be felt as heavy after you lift it and start working overhead. Usually the gas-powered pole saws are heavier and the electric or cordless ones are lighter.
If you have the requirement of firewood, you would want to cut into pieces the already trimmed tree branches. Therefore, check carefully if the pole saw has a detachable cutting head. A pole saw with such removable saw feature allows you to detach the head from the top end of the pole and use it as a handheld chainsaw.
Buying a pole saw is a matter of investment that will incur you a fixed cost. However, to get smooth and reliable services for a longer tenure, your pole saw should go through proper maintenance like sharpening & oiling the chain, replacement of battery & other spares. However, if you go for buying a non-brand and cheap product, you have to maintain the fragile pole saw very frequently leading to increase of the operating expense.
Warranty covers the normal wear and tear of the product. If your pole saw is a branded one, you will surely get warranty covering the risk of damage from 1-5 years depending on the offers of the manufacturers. Always check warranty offered and the after-sales back-up service from the reviews of the existing customers. Don’t rush for buying a pole saw having five years of warranty but a very poor customer service. You will regret buying it in that case.
Always consider about the safety features properly before buying a pole saw. Check with caution that the chain isn’t easily breakable, the pole isn’t too heavy for you to hold for long cutting, and the pole holds the saw head properly. Also see if the product offers freehand gloves, goggles, and hard cap to get you protected at during the trimming job.
Frequency of cutting:
If you need to do the cutting job very often, don’t forget to buy a sturdy pole saw. Any old, refurbished tool and new pole saw of any unknown manufacturer may lead to sudden damage and even accidents in case of long & regular cutting.
Price is one of the most important determinants for choosing the right pole saw. You must have a budget and certain features of the pole saw in mind knowing your requirement. If you are a beginner, don’t go for buying a costly gear. But if you are an experienced arborist, it is natural for you to conduct experiments on different pole saws having various prices. When you have a tough cutting job in hand, don’t miss to buy a high-quality tool if even the price is on the higher side.
How to use a pole saw?
- Select the right pole saw by analyzing the tree shape, height, branch thickness etc.
- To avoid accidents and injury, arrange all the safety equipment including helmet, gloves, and goggles.
- Clear an area of 50 feet around your cutting zone and make it restricted for entry.
- Stand solidly in a position that allows to cut the branches from the opposite side.
- Start cutting the tree beneath from bark layer up to wood with “V” shape cutting design.
- Cut the fallen branches into pieces for easy transportation.
How to sharpen a pole saw blade?
- Clean all the dust and tree debris from the saw blade by using a brush wire and remove it from the pruner.
- Clamp the blade tightly with a box surface or table by keeping the sharp portion at upward facing position.
- Place the sharpening rod in the notch between two teeth to forward and take it away for 6-7 times until curled metal develops.
- Continue the friction process in between each two teeth carefully.
- Use grease to increase the brightness of the sharp edges.
How to cut tree limbs that are too high to reach?
If you want to trim old trees where limbs are too high to reach, you can use a ladder to do the job with relative safety. At first, place the ladder on the tree trunk. Start removing the small branches at the end of the limbs. Afterward, cut down the remaining portion at least 2 inches away from the trunk. For precaution, keep your children and pet away from the site and in case you use a pole saw by standing on the ladder, don’t forget to take someone’s help to hold it.
What safety gear should you wear when using a pole saw?
Tree branch cutting job could lead to accident and injury if you don’t use enough protective gears. Use a durable helmet so that the cut branch if it falls accidentally on you don’t hurt your head. Hand gloves will save your hands from wood chips. Gloves will help you holding the pole tightly. Wear a pair of good goggles that will protect your eyes from sawdust and wooden splinters.
Can you use a pole saw on a ladder?
The key reason why people use pole saws is to cut the tree branches at hard-to-reach areas without the help of any tools like ladder. Some of the pole saws are extendable up to 30 feet of height. Although you may think to use a ladder for cutting too high branches beyond the capacity of pole saws, you apparently shouldn’t. In case, you can’t cut the branches yourself, don’t wait to call a professional arborist.
Thanks for being with us!! After a detailed discussion on top 18 pole saws on electric, cordless, gas, and manual categories and the buying guide to select the best pole saw, you surely have a clear picture in mind. We believe you can now decide yourself which product will serve your branch/limbs cutting purpose perfectly. Stay blissful with the right pole saw in hand!! Have a happy cutting!!