It wouldn’t waste any time in telling about this De WALT 20V MAX XR Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit (dcs355) is likely the best tool purchase of the year. It’s having room for improvement. But use this tool all the time is the best choice for both professional and DIY work lovers. It can use for miscellaneous little projects around the house.
Basics of Oscillating Multi-Tool
In case we’re not familiar with this Oscillating Multi-Tool, this kind of tool is a small handheld tool. It operates by making very small movements. It also operates very rapidly, and sides to side. Typically, it has some method of attaching some accessories, like cutting blades, scraper blades, sanding pads, etc. This kind of tool is very helpful for cutting in tight places. It is excellent for a precise cut on finished surfaces. And also help sander can get to in corners for sanding. This tool has been around years. But just the last few years some great advancements on this handy tool have made the big name in tool brands. In fact, an Oscillating Tool 5 to 10 years ago, before the advancements, used a lot.
Table of Contents
- 1 DEWALT 20V MAX XR Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit (dcs355) Key Features
- 1.1 Does the charger come with for the battery?
- 1.2 What’s the difference between XR and XR tools?
- 1.3 Can anyone get the sandpaper re-supply on Amazon?
- 1.4 Does the Harbor freight blades fit in this multi-tool?
- 1.5 Can this Multi-Tool cut concrete?
- 1.6 Any differences between DEWALT and Dremel?
- 1.7 Can we use this tool to make wooden children’s toys?
DEWALT 20V MAX XR Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit (dcs355) Key Features
This Oscillating Multi-Tool is for a wide range. Any professional tradesmen and any do-it-yourself-e-r can work with it at home projects. It can be used for various purposes like cut wood, metal, plastic, drywall. And also used as well as sanding, scraping, or grout removal.
This 20V MAX XR Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit includes
- One Brushless 3-speed oscillating multi-tool
- 28 cutting and sanding attachments
- Two wood cutting blades
- Universal accessory adapter
- One 2.0 Ah battery
- Tool bag and Accessory storage box
A brushless motor- delivers up to 57% more runtime over brushed motors.
Quick-Change Accessory System- allows blades. Attachments to be changed quickly. Without wrenches, attachments can be changed.
Dual Grip Variable Speed Trigger- gives users the ultimate speed. It also gives application control.
Bright LED Light- is very nice for illuminating the dark cutting areas. It's also nice for back in a cabinet. And this LED light can use in a corner.
The 3-speed Selector- allows users to choose speed, this speed selling based on application.
Tool Guide System- is a handy attachment. This handy attachment easily connects to the tool. It allows us to set the depth or height of any cut for consistency, and also give accuracy.
The Universal Accessory Adapter- its compatible with most multi-tool accessories.
What Everyone Like Best About New 20V Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit
- When anyone working on remodels projects, this multi-tool takes the place of multiple tools. This tool can be used in so many various tasks, in many situations, and in tight places.
- This DeWalt dcs355 has a quickly attached feature. Simply it lets anyone switch out accessories. Anyone switches out accessories depressing a large, rather ergonomic, spring-loaded tabs. If anyone has other blades of brand name, they will fit on this tool. The optional Allen key system needs to be used to fit other blades of a brand on this tool.
- This multi-tool is cordless 20v battery operated. It makes life on the job easier and faster. Extension cords strung out everywhere. It’s a relief! This multi-tool comes completely cordless. The same battery is so convenient for any of our tools. Any kind of bigger projects, it’s easy to switch them out with ones that are running low.
- With DeWalt’s dual grip variable speed trigger anyone can do just pick it up, and quickly run it at any speed they want. Very effective feature! The dual grip paddle trigger can be ergonomically used from closer up to blade positions or farther back positions.
- Anyone will be using the tool for a longer period for the jobs, a handy lock button will keep the tool in the full-on position and do not need holding down the trigger.
Drawbacks About New 20V Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit
- This multi-tool is a bit heavier than the other previous model. But it's well-built and more power, a treat isn’t a big issue.
- Wear out cutting blades quickly. This is not for DeWalt’s blades, but of other brands. Need to be prepared to know ahead of time will go through blades quickly. So, buy extra blades recommended with the multi-tool kit.
We can get the DEWALT 20V MAX XR Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit (dcs355) from Amazon, with a variety of blades, and a storage box.
It’s price worthy! It depends on how often use this tool around the house.
One Contractor Bag, One Battery Charger, and One 2.0Ah Lithium ION Battery-are all included.
Similar Brands to Compare
- Cordless Bosh (MXH180BL) tools are similar to the DEWALT.
- FEIN (AFMM 18QSL) is of high quality, but the price is higher than DEWALT.
Related review to read: Porter Cable Oscillating Tool Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Does the charger come with for the battery?
Yes, the charger does come. It’s included and mentioned in the product description.
What’s the difference between XR and XR tools?
XR means extreme runtime. It has less friction and more efficient brushless motors. And a high capacities battery pack.
Can anyone get the sandpaper re-supply on Amazon?
Yes. On Amazon, it can get easily. They re-supply the sandpaper.
Does the Harbor freight blades fit in this multi-tool?
Yes. The new blades do. And also, Rockwell blades that fit the DEWALT as well as Dremel.
Can this Multi-Tool cut concrete?
Yes. This multi-tool works incredibly well. This is the only tool that can cut concrete.
Any differences between DEWALT and Dremel?
Anyone’s choice DEWALT has a strong battery. A brushless motor for more runtime. And the quick-release is faster and convenient.
Can we use this tool to make wooden children’s toys?
Actually, it made for rougher cuts. And wooden children's toys are probably not.