Dremel is a well-known company for making exclusive rotary tool.
In 2008, it joined the oscillating tool market. Their introducing product was Multi-Max Oscillating tool. It was the first Dremel Multi-Max 20. They have gone a couple of experiments with their multi-tools, after their first product. Then the model 40 have developed. A sequence has maintained to the model number like Dremel 40-01, 40-02, 40-05. For any reason, when they make changes in tools, then they also change the model number.
For example, between MM20 and MM30 had major changes. Likewise, noteworthy changes have between MM30 and MM40.
Now we are going to discuss about the Dremel MM40-05 Multi-Max Oscillating Tool with 3.8-amp Power. It has 36 pieces of accessories in a set. The noticeable feature is Quick Lock System, which is the accessory changing system of this tool. Without use of any tools, it lets change the accessories safely.
The details of this Oscillating unit in this Dremel Multi-Max MM40 Review are mentioned below:
Related: Best Oscillating Tool
Table of Contents
- 1 Features of Dremel MM40
- 1.1 Tool Kit included:
- 1.2 For cutting:
- 1.3 Scraping & Grout Removal:
- 1.4 For Sanding:
- 1.5 What types of projects the Dremel Multi-Max MM40 can handle?
- 1.6 Are the Dremel oscillating accessories compatible with the other manufacturers oscillating tool?
- 1.7 Is there sufficient room for extra blades in the hard case?
Features of Dremel MM40
- Weight- it’s weight 4.5 pounds
- Dimension- it’s dimension 17.2 x 4.2 x 10.5 inches
- Oscillation Per Minute (OPM)- it produces 10,000-21,000 oscillation per minute
- Highest Powered Tool in its class- one of the best features of this tool is its high performance. It has a 3.8 Amp motor. This motor can accomplish the most demanding and the toughest applications and operate at 120 Volts and also comes with 3.2 degree of oscillation. In to the same range of price this tool is the highest Amp rated tool among those others tools.
- Quick-Lock System- every manufacturer of oscillating multi-tools has a quick way of changing blades and accessories. Dremel have developed the Quick-Lock System. This Quick-Lock system lets the user change the accessories with a simple turn of a lever. We can do it safely and finally we can use a wrench-free oscillating tool. This Dremel MM40-05 Multi-Max provides us the quickest accessory change system than other similar oscillating tools. It gives us the opportunity to switch between a variety of accessories rapidly and easily. Without any trouble it allows us to finish our projects.
- Quick-Boost Feature- using an oscillating tool becomes a challenge to cut a tough material. Now its time to be happy with a wonderful Quick-Boost feature. It keeps a constant speed throughout the toughest materials. We can stay worry-free, because the tool has an improved cutting speed. By sitting the angle of oscillation to 3.2 degrees. We can get double cutting speed than other comparable tools.
- Quick-hold Magnetic Flange System- it is another important feature. To change the accessories securely, easier and faster, the Quick-hold Magnetic Flange System holds the accessory in place and save our time and effort. It is designed ergonomically to stay accessories in place without slipping while in use. This Quick-hold Magnate Flange System accelerates the speed of our work on the accessories don’t get moved at all and we can also accomplish our tasks safely.
- Variable Speed Dial- we are working on a project and our tool doesn’t allow us to change the speed of cutting, the most frustrating situation for us. To overcome this situation Dremel Multi-Max-3.8 is the perfect solution for us. It gives us the privilege to regulate the speed according to what kind of material we want to work on. The speed dials can be adjusted from 2 to 10 and also augments our performance.
- Separate on/off Switch- it has a separate on/off switch. So, the tool can be retaining the settings of the last used speed. To work at a different speed level, we must adjust the speed dial and switch on machine again. It saves time when we want to work with the previous speed setting. We don’t have to rese the speed dial.
- Corded Unit- this unit has a 7-foot rubber-coated cord. It delivers consistent power.
- Warranty- it is supported of two-year limited warranty
Tool Kit included:
Scraping & Grout Removal:
- 3.8 Amp sturdy and powerful motor can meet the application.
- A tool-free accessory has a change system for easy and fast.
- A Quick-Boost feature has for upholding a constant cutting speed.
- A Quick-hold Magnetic Flange has for holding accessories safely.
- The variable speed control provides the optimal control over the tool.
- Separate on-off switch can be retaining speed setting to speeds up the flow of work.
- The Dremel MM40-05 can fit into any tight spaces.
- The tool kit contains 36 accessories. Various specific purposes such as scraping, grinding, cutting, sanding and grout removal.
- Dremel Multi-Max blades and accessories can use widely on Rockwell, Fein, Bosch, Ridgid, Craftsman and Master-force branded multi-tools.
- New universal adapter has brought by Dremel to allow its tool attachments on all current oscillating multi-tools.
CONS with solutions
1. Electricity, corded powered tool
Electricity is the only power source, that the tool depends.
Solution: it’s a corded oscillating tool and electricity is the only power source. No other power source such as batteries is there. A corded tool advantage is that have electricity support and can get a stable source of power.
2. Non-Dremel blades use is not recommended
Any other brand blades using with this Dremel MM40-05 oscillating tool isn’t recommended
Solution: attaching methods of blades on the MM40-05 is unique. If universal blades of other manufacturers get attached, they will fall off while using. Except the MM720 Multi-Flex, all other Dremel blades and accessories are compatible with this Dremel MM40-05 tool. These matching Dremel accessories are strong, good and capable enough to perform their tasks and complete project successfully.
What types of projects the Dremel Multi-Max MM40 can handle?
The Dremel Multi-Max MM40 is a perfect and superb tool for repairing, restoring and remodelling faster. It’s can be used to tackle lots of diverse projects and well-fitted for heavy use for a long period of time.
Are the Dremel oscillating accessories compatible with the other manufacturers oscillating tool?
We can’t use the MM720 multi-Flex attachment. But with the Dremel Multi-Max Universal Adapter MM300 may be used on other brands’ oscillating tools.
Is there sufficient room for extra blades in the hard case?
Ans: Yes, for storing extra accessories, there is enough room.
Dremel MM40-05 Multi-Max Oscillating Tool is an exclusive unit. For professionals and amateur its features are powerful enough to accomplish any type of tasks around the house and projects. There are lots of customers found this tool comfortable and useful. It will be a great addition to any toolbox!